Trev Positioning System (TPS) : St. Austell, Cornwall, UK [map] [photos] [info]


Photo of the week : Cloudy can be beautiful - Mevagissey, Cornwall.


From Cornwall Summ...



Contact me: trevorreeves-at-gmail-com


Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Effect on the Butterfly

So the idea was to take a really early flight from Heathrow, changing in Milan to fly to Caracas. Taking these flights would allow me to arrive in Caracas airport in the mid afternoon, giving me plenty of time to make my way in the safety of daylight a nice small city outisde Caracas from which to start my travels.

This didn´t quite work out when my first flight to Milan was cancelled due to fog in Milan, causing me to miss my connection to Caracas. Grazia Alitalia, grazia. But an alternative route was found for me via Miami (don´t ever get a connection in Miami if you can help it, they have a stupid system for connections made worse by the current security paranoia).

Anyway, to cut a boring story short, taking the alternative flights meant I arrived in Caracas airport late in the evening, forcing me to take an overpriced hotel after an over priced taxi ride in a near by town. The following morning I stepped out onto the street and stood on a butterfly. This I thought, was the weather finally getting its own back on the butterfly. Some large event somewhere in Europe having a very small consequence somewhere in South America; ´The effect on the butterfly´.

No comments: